Here are articles on Japanese/Enlish translation and interpreting.
- What You Don't Know about your Translation Supply Chain Can Hurt You (June 19, 2020) Numerous aspects of what happens to your documents after you order translations of them remain purposefully hidden from your sight.
- Three Skills Essential in High-quality Japanese-to-English Translation of Complex Subject Matter (March 14, 2019) Engagement with your translation provider is the key to verifying whether the people doing your translations have these skills. But substantial engagement with a bulk translation seller is virtually impossible.
- In Japanese-to-English Translation, One Size Definitely Does Not Fit All (February 12, 2019) There are serious differences between bulk translation brokers and translation companies that actually have translation capabilities themselves. Active engagement with your translation provider can help you discover which you are dealing with.
- Field-specific Knowledge is a Valuable but Fairly Rare Asset in Japanese-to-English Translation (February 8, 2019) Are your Japanese documents being translated by people who understand the texts they are translating? Probably not, for reasons that are not obvious and seldom discussed.
- Avoiding Risks in Selecting a Japanese-to-English Translation Service (February 4, 2019) The internet jungle is a difficult place to hunt for a capable Japanese-to-English translation provider. Vigilance and a healthy degree of suspicion are warranted.
- Third-language translators: Humans or machines, they demonstrate how you get what you pay for in Japanese-to-English translation. (January 28, 2019) Japanese-to-English translators with neither Japanese nor English as a native language can look forward in the near future to replacement by machine translation systems suffering from the same handicap.
- Japanese Names: A Bit More Troublesome than Green or Greene (January 4, 2019) One troublesome characteristic of the Japanese language is the uncertainty of how Japanese personal names are pronounced. Many names can be pronounced in numerous ways, the pronunciation options sometimes being totally different.
- Basic Facts about the Japanese Language, its Position in the Language Landscape, and Things Translation Consumers Should Learn (January 2, 2019) A few basics for people in need of Japanese-to-English translation.
- An Investigation of Terminology and Syntax in Japanese and US Patents and the Implications for the Patent Translator (December 26, 2018) A recently edited version of the 2011 version of a paper presented at the IJET-5 Conference in Urayasu, 1994.
- It's Really Not That Difficult: Translators, Interpreters, and Linguists (December 26, 2018) These three are too-often confused by people outside the language service domain.
- It's 2am. Do you know where your documents are? (December 25, 2018) Some disturbing truths about the translation industry, known to most in the translation business, but seldom unimagined by translation consumers.
- Migrating from Technology/Proprietary Lock-in to a More Generic Environment (December 24, 2018) Why we no longer have a blog, preferring rather to place content in an environment we can control.